1. O Zion, when thy Savior came
In grace and love to thee,
No beauty in thy royal Lord
Thy faithless eye could see.
2. Yet, onward in His path of grace,
The holy sufferer went,
To feel, at last, that love on thee
Had all in vain been spent.
3. Yet not in vain; o’er Israel’s land
The glory yet will shine;
And He, thy once rejected King,
Messiah, shall be thine.
4. When thou, beneath the peaceful reign
Of Jesus and His bride,
Shalt sound His grace and glory forth
To all the earth beside.
5. The nations to thy glorious light,
O Zion! yet shall throng;
And all the listening islands wait
To catch the joyful song.
6. The name of Jesus yet shall ring
Through earth and Heaven above,
And all His ransomed people know
The Sabbath of His love.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #5552