1. Join all ye joyful nations
The acclaiming hosts of Heav’n!
This happy morn a child is born
To us a son is given.
2. The messenger and token
Of eternal favor,
God hath sent down to us His Son,
A universal Savior!
3. The wonderful Messiah,
Joy of every nation,
Jesus His name, with God the fame,
The Lord of all creation.
4. The counselor of sinners,
Mighty to deliver,
The Prince of Peace, whole love’s increase,
Shall reign in Man forever.
5. Go see the King of glory,
Seek the heavenly stranger,
So poor and mean, His court an inn,
His cradle is a manger.
6. Who from His father’s bosom
Now for us descended
Who built the skies, on earth He lies,
By only beasts attended.
7. Whom all the angels worship,
Hid in human nature;
Incarnate see the deity,
The infinite creator!
8. See the stupendous blessing
God to us hath given!
A child of man, in length a span,
Who fills both earth and Heaven.
9. Gaze on that helpless object,
Those infant hands shall burst our bands,
And work out our salvation.
10. Strangle the crooked serpent,
Burn his works forever,
And open set the heavenly gate
To every true believer.
11. Till then, Thou holy Jesus,
We bow low before Thee,
Our treasures bring, to serve our king,
And joyfully adore Thee.
12. To Thee we gladly render,
What Thy grace hath given,
Till Thou appear in glory here,
And take us up to Heaven.