1. How sweet, how heav'nly is the sight,
When those that love the Lord
In one another's peace delight,
And thus fulfill His word.
2. When each can feel each brother's sigh,
And with him bear a part;
When sorrow flows from eye to eye,
And joy from heart to heart.
3. When free from envy, scorn and pride,
Our wishes all above,
Each can his brother's failings hide,
And show a brother's love.
4. When love, in one delightful stream
Thro' ev'ry bosom flows;
And union sweet, and dear esteem,
In ev'ry action glows.
5. Love is a golden chain that binds
The happy souls above,
And he's an heir of heav'n who finds
His bosom glow with love.
Source: The New Christian Hymnal #275