Author: Charles Wesley Meter: 184.108.40.206 Appears in 131 hymnals First Line: O joyful sound of Gospel grace Lyrics: 1. O joyful sound of Gospel grace!
Christ shall in me appear;
I, even I, shall see His face,
I shall be holy here.
2. This heart shall be His constant home;
I hear His Spirit’s cry,
Surely, He saith, I quickly come,
He saith, who cannot lie.
3. The glorious crown of righteousness
To me reached out I view:
Conqueror through Him, I soon shall seize,
And wear it as my due.
4. The promised land, from Pisgah’s top,
I now exult to see;
My hope is full, O glorious hope!
5. He visits now the house of clay,
He shakes His future home;
O wouldst Thou, Lord, on this glad day,
Into Thy temple come!
6. With me, I know, I feel, Thou art;
But this cannot suffice,
Unless Thou plantest in my heart
A constant paradise.
7. My earth Thou waterest from on high,
But make it all a pool;
Spring up, O well, I ever cry,
Spring up within my soul!
8. Come, O my God, Thyself reveal,
Fill all this mighty void:
Thou only canst my spirit fill;
Come, O my God, my God!
9. Fulfill, fulfill my large desires,
Large as infinity;
Give, give me all my soul requires,
All, all that is in Thee! Used With Tune: LAUD Text Sources: Hymns and Sacred Poems>cite>, 1742
O Joyful Sound of Gospel Grace!