Hymnary.org is developing a new website, My.Hymnary, with several innovative features designed to streamline and simplify worship leaders' work. Examples of these features include in-browser music editing and annotation, AI-powered worship planning suggestions, and more. We are currently seeking to expand our development team for this project. Because worship leaders are a key audience for My.Hymnary, it would be ideal to fill this position with a developer who has experience leading worship or playing in a praise band at church.
Working for us is incredibly rewarding:
- You make an impact: Our agile, fast-paced environment means that even new team members write code that goes into production during their first week on the job. When you join our team, you immediately begin helping millions of people around the world.
- You gain significant and diverse experience: Behind the scenes, our team manages a plethora of technologies such as on-premise server infrastructure, cloud computing resources, and a myriad of open source software such as Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP), Docker, and React Native. So, in addition to honing your software development skills, you will have countless opportunities to gain unique, hands-on, real-world experience with a variety of technologies that will set you apart from other developers.
- You invest in others and others invest in you: Our team members care about each other, encourage each other, and through processes like code review, help each other learn and grow. We engage weekly in team-wide prayer time and developer learning opportunities and are very intentional about building interpersonal relationships.
- Prototype, iterate on, and help launch My.Hymnary features targeted at worship leaders
- Review other developers' code
- Assist with high-level systems maintenance
- Occasionally be on-call to respond off-hours technical failures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- Ability to learn rapidly and work precisely and dependably
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and be a strong team player
- Worship leadership or praise band experience preferred
- Familiarity with Drupal preferred
- Able to work at least two days per week on-location in Grand Rapids, Michigan (this is a hybrid on-location/remote position)
- Willing to support COVID mitigation efforts by wearing a mask while working on-location and either being fully vaccinated or taking weekly COVID tests
Apply now on LinkedIn!